Zehnder’s Snowfest

Saturday, January 24th, 2009

Click to play Frankenmuth - Jan. 2009
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow


I went to Frankenmuth today with some friends. It was packed because of the snow festival (wall to wall people). We didn't plan on the festival so it was a nice addition to our trip. We walked the town viewing the beautiful ice and snow sculptures such as kool aid, princess castle, brick fireplace, Pepsi logos, swans, etc.. however, my favorite was of a women sitting bending over her knees. I got a great picture of a dragon snow sculpture. I took the shot as the sun was setting so the sun was shining through the dragons mouth and with the suns position it appears as though the dragon is breathing a fireball. I wish I could do local news photography because I think it would be a blast to attend different hometown events, like this one, with a camera in hand and then see my picture published. My dragon photo would totally look nice on a Frankenmuth brochure or newspaper. I think I might just have to go back to school and study photography once my kids start attending school all day. I just don't want anything to do with Wedding Photography. Anyway, we had a full filling lunch (literally) with ADULT hot chocolate, made some preztels, did some shopping, and wine tasting. To my surprise I think I like Cherry wine. Who Knew? I still prefer PESPI. I wonder if I could patient a PEPSI wine? Good for me, it appeared that Pepsi sponsored the event so there was Pepsi ice sculptures all over town and even a HUGE Pepsi bottle. On our shopping adventure I purchased a hunting ornament for Zach from Bronners (shhhh) and a ribbon cookie cutter which I plan to use to make pink ribbon cookies.

It was good old fashion girl time. Shopping + Laughter

Click Here to view

the Frankenmuth Album


Click Here for Frankenmuth's Website

Big C

Stats