Warren Dunes State Park

Click to play this Smilebox scrapbook: Warren Dunes - July 2009
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox scrapbook


Sunday, July 12th, 2009

The girls and I went to Warren Dunes State Park in Bridgeman, MI today. It is my favorite state park on Lake Michigan. We had a glorious time playing in the river that runs into the lake. The waves were massivie just like I remembered as a kid. I decided that the girls were going to walk up the dune. I wasn't sure if they would make it but they did. Half way up the dune they wanted to quit and I explained that our family doesn't quit. We took a little rest and then pushed on. They did GREAT and it only took us 20 minutes to make it up the hill. Before little D and I made it to the top little C was already on her way down. Little D asked me if I was going to spank her butt, I was pretty mad but really didn't want to go down and get her and then walk up again. Finally, she stopped running down and worked her way back up. Little D and I just sat and watch while she huffed and puffed back up. When she reached the top we all sat in our glory of triumph. Sometimes, I completely under estimate my 4 and 5 year olds. It took us under a minute to run down. Just before we reached the top little D said she didn't want to walk the stupid hill but after running down she realized how wonderful it was. So happy that she is excited to walk the dune again some time. We went back to beach and jumped into lake Michigan without hesitation. The lake was very refreshing. Can't wait to go again.

Stats